[UPHPU] Wiki equivalent of wordpress

Richard K Miller richardkmiller at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 15:36:24 MDT 2006

On Oct 5, 2006, at 12:39 PM, jtaber wrote:

> We need a wiki both for internal use and another for our
> customers.  Is there a wiki that's as easy to setup and use as
> wordpress.    Is there a good php based wiki ?

We use MediaWiki, powered by PHP and MySQL, for several websites both
internal and external.  MediaWiki is also what powers the WordPress
documentation site (http://codex.wordpress.org/Main_Page) and I must
say they've done a fine job of branding/skinning it!

If you need a private wiki on the Internet (as opposed to your
intranet), I've found it helpful to use Apache's mod_auth_mysql
extension.  It can put HTTP-Auth protection on the entire wiki while
using the MediaWiki accounts for authentication:

http://www.richardkmiller.com/blog/archives/2006/05/password-
protecting-mediawiki-with-mod_auth_mysql