[UPHPU] intranet

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Thu Jun 29 15:09:26 MDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-29 at 14:57 -0600, Wade Preston Shearer wrote:
> My company is looking to roll out an intranet… lots of employees…
> lots of HR… lots of corporate stuff. Anyone have experience with any
> out-of-the-box solutions? What have others done? Anyone have stories
> of what other companies have done/used?

You can't beat building-your-own-box - IMHO.

Mail - Postfix
IMAP - Dovecot
Virus - ClamAV
SPAM Filter - Spam Assassin
HTTP-Proxy - Squid
LDAP Dir - OpenLDAP
File Share / Domain Controler - Samba
IM - Jabber (Wildfire)
VPN - OpenVPN
Firewalling - IPtables
Projects - Subversion/Trac
Web Serving - Apache

Mix well and add a dash of Xen, LVM and RAID and serve while hot.

Free, but takes some work.  All those parts would cost you thousands for
other solutions and this way you know exactly what you're getting at the
end of the day.

Gabe