[UPHPU] Email Counter

Webot Graphics graphics at westernbotanicals.com
Fri Jun 23 15:24:57 MDT 2006

Is there a way to make an email counter using PHP (or anything else)
to count (and possibly the ip address) when an email is viewed
(without a database would be best)?

Basically I work for a company that sends out a free email newsletter
almost monthly to previous customers. 2 days ago we sent one out and
we got back an email saying

"Hi guys, it's nice to here from you. How do I place an order with you?"

After reading  sitepoint's  "Do You Underestimate Your Users?"
article, i feel i am not doing the greatest job with our newsletters,
and I would like to be able to track views, button clicks, etc.

Thank you