[UPHPU] Form layout

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at jkdwebmagic.com
Tue Jun 6 09:59:18 MDT 2006

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Benjamin Schmuhl wrote:

> To break off the validation thread but stay on the same topic, I have
> stopped using tables for layout and starting using tags like div (float),
> fieldset, label, etc to do the layout of my forms, but I have not been
> pleased entirely.  Browser compatibility is an issue, although it is nice to
> make a change in the stylesheet and get a different-looking form, I have not
> been happy with how the form looks - I guess I want it to look how I can
> make it look in a table!  Does anyone have any ideas on this?

We could have a lengthy conversation on whether a form is tabular data,
but I would prefer not to.  I can think of reasons on both sides of the
arguement.

So, tell us, what are you not liking about your form layout and what
exactly are you wanting it to look like that you feel you cannot achieve
without a table?

Jonathan