[UPHPU] Validation

Scott Hill llihttocs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 09:22:24 MDT 2006

On 6/6/06, Wade Preston Shearer <lists at wadeshearer.com> wrote:

> > I keep hearing people say that tables are deprecated in certain
> > XHTML standards. Is there some documentation for this?
>
> Tables are not deprecated. They are also not evil.

Phew!  Since I have not had the time to become more proficient with CSS, I
have used Macs tabular format for almost everything.  So it's good to know
that what I have done is not deprecated or evil.  I have used CSS for some
neat looking left side menus using div and ul.  But for me the time saver
with CSS is the cascading effect.  So I don't have to type
style="(whatever)" in every tag that I want to change.  Although this is a
good way to see what a particular browser will do.

Also, I want to second Mac's observations on this list.  It's nice to have a
place to learn and get examples from that is friendly.  Opinions are great.
We all feel strongly about something for a reason and it's good to get this
type of information from professionals with lots of experience.

Thanks,

--
Scott Hill

"May you solve interesting problems" - Author Unknown
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." -
Sir Winston Churchill