[UPHPU] meeting tomorrow night! PHP 404 scripts!

UPHPU Administrator admin at uphpu.org
Wed Feb 15 13:19:15 MST 2006

Alright ladies and gentlemen,

Sorry for the scare, but we are pleased to announce that the details
for tomorrow night's meeting are now available.

Our very own Mac Newbold will be presenting on Apache 404 handler
scripts. Running PHP with Apache has some definite advantages. One
that I use frequently is using a PHP script as the 404 document that
apache uses when a page can't be found. You can use it for many
things. PHP.net uses it to run a site search, to try and find the
page you were looking for. You can use it to create "virtual" URLs,
where one script handles requests for many different URLs and hands
back dynamic content based on the page name. You can even combine it
with things like GD to make dynamic images that are created on the
fly for each URL.

See the site to RSVP and for more details.

http://uphpu.org/calendar_event.php?eid=20060215130602266

Sincerely,

Wade Preston Shearer
Administrator