[UPHPU] what makes you a spammer?

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at jkdwebmagic.com
Thu Feb 2 22:12:17 MST 2006

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Wade Preston Shearer wrote:

> I have a client that wants to send out mail to a fan base. What things should
> one be aware of when implementing a mass mailing system? There won't be any
> issues with the amount of mail that he wants to move (2100 messages per
> month… :) ten posts to our list in a day and we're over that), but I am still
> curious for the sake of expanding my knowledge.
>
> What things through up red flags? What gets you black-listed?

Spam = Unsolicited e-mail

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/s/spam.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-mail_spam

If you join a club or sign up with a company and you give them your e-mail
address and they use it for sending you information about that company or club,
then it is fine.  Above and beyond that they need your permission.

Jonathan