[UPHPU] caching database driven php

Ray Hunter bigdog at venticon.com
Fri Dec 1 20:19:58 MST 2006

> I want to cache php files that display data from a database.  The code
> will stay the same, but the data may not.  Is there a way to cache
> these types of pages?

Im not sure why you would want to cache dynamic data...that kinda
defeats the purpose of dynamic. You might want to look at an xml + xslt
+ php solution that you can generate for the end user. You could have
php generate xml that would then call xslt to transform the data to
html. I did a solution like this for a client where i did the transform
on the server and then cached the generated html. for your use you might
just want to send the xml data and let browser do the transform for you
and then you dont have to work about cache...you just send the data as
the presentation is usually sent on the first request.

--
bigdog