[UPHPU] IE7 Breaks IE6

Brady Mitchell mydarb at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 11:23:41 MST 2006

> Hmm.  I get "Setup has detected a newer version of Internet Explorer
> already installed on this system.  Setup cannot continue."
>
> Has anyone found a way to run IE6 after installing IE7 final without a
> virtual machine?

A couple of options:

http://browsers.evolt.org/?ie/32bit/standalone
http://tredosoft.com/Multiple_IE

I'm using the one from evolt and it's working great.

One thing to know is that if you are using any ie conditional statements
( ie:
<!--[if IE 6]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="styles_ie6.css"><![endif]--> ) you will need to delete the
following registry key for them to function properly:

[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Version Vector]

Brady