[UPHPU] PHP/PostgreSQL on Mac OS

jtaber jtaber at johntaber.net
Fri Dec 1 08:52:48 MST 2006

Wade Preston Shearer wrote:
> I am in desperate need for someone with experience with PHP/PostgreSQL
> on Mac OS. Is there anyone out there that could be of assistance for pay?

Wade,
First, are you setting up a OSX Server ?  And / Or just setting up a
localhost server for development.  Aside from installation, PHP/Postgres
will operate pretty much the same, cross-platform.   On installation,
you need to decide what versions you need/want to run since the packages
shipped with OSX are a few versions behind.

I believe the new PHP 5.2 is a significant upgrade (in terms of speed,
bug fixes, etc) and unless you're compelled to use PHP 4, I would go for
it.  You can use the precompiled entropy.net packages (though I had some
difficulties with these) or compile from source.

For postgres, you want to run 8.1.5, - I believe the Fink packages are
older.  There is a nice project postresqlformac on sourceforge - even
has some nice front ends for user management.

John