[UPHPU] PHP-XML-RPC

Lonnie Olson fungus at aros.net
Mon Aug 21 11:55:07 MDT 2006

On Aug 15, 2006, at 2:37 PM, Smith, Jeff wrote:

> I am trying to implement a XML-RPC server using PHP.  I need access to
> the content section of the request.  Normally this is where "$_POST"
> variable would be encode if it was Content-Type:text/html.  I don't
> want
> to use the XML-RPC libraries out there as they are over kill for my
> purposes.  Has anyone done anything like this before?

See the PEAR library and don't reinvent the wheel if you don't have to.
http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.webservices.xml-rpc.php

There are two ways to access the raw post data.
1. $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA
    affected by config option always_populate_raw_post_data
    http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php
2. reading it from this file wrapper php://input
    http://php.net/manual/en/wrappers.php.php

--lonnie