[UPHPU] Hacking night

Richard K Miller richardkmiller at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 11:13:21 MDT 2006

On Apr 26, 2006, at 10:59 AM, John Taber wrote:

> Richard K Miller wrote:
>> I'm interested.  Wednesday nights are best, but Thursday nights
>> are  okay too.
>> On Apr 26, 2006, at 8:30 AM, John Taber wrote:
>>> What is the interest in having a hacking night once a month in
>>> between
>>> the monthly meetings (maybe first Thurs of month) - this could be
>>> held
>>> at a cafe or something where we can pull some tables together and
>>> work
>>> on our laptops, discussing various stuff (ie cool things you can
>>> do in
>>> WordPress, sqllite, ....).  Pls suggest day of month and/or place.
>>>

> it might be good to have it on a differnt night of the week than
> the main mtg - that way, someone who can't make Thurs nights can at
> least attend the hacking mtg.  We could do 1st Wed ?  (Of course I
> will be out of town for first 2 wks in May but back for main
> mtg.).  How about Borders at Fashion Pl Mall ?  (would prefer place
> with free wifi but not sure who has that)  Or some place where we
> could get pizza delivered would be fun too.

First Wednesdays will usually work for me (except it won't in May.)
I wonder if we could use the LinuxNetworx building again, or if we
did it in SLC, Mac might let us use the conference room in his
office.  We could order pizza and eat there.  I know of restaurants
that have free Wifi in Provo, but I don't know about other areas.