[UPHPU] Database question

Ashley Oviatt ashovi at qwest.net
Thu Apr 6 11:00:38 MDT 2006

If I had a database that required only about 30-40 fields (mainly
contact info, high-level demographics, and some personal product
preference info, hence mainly text fields with no calculations being
necessary), but had 3 million different records in it, (a mile wide, but
an inch deep) would MySQL or PostgreSQL be able to handle that much data
effectively, or should we be looking at something bigger/faster (more
$$$)? Processing power is not going to be a problem. We have the budget
to build a very nice server for it.

Ashley