[UPHPU] OOP continued

Tyler Gee geekout at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 14:26:23 MDT 2005

> I'm not saying OOP is terrible.  However, there are times that OOP just
> _doesn't_ _make_ _sense_.

I would agree with this, however, I personally think an
all-encompassing and completely versatile web framework that can be
used by anyone for anything and that is being developed by multiple
people almost entirely via the internet is exactly one of those times
when OOP makes perfect sense and it is silly to do it procedural
simply because most of us have been doing procedural in (a now
outdated) PHP4.

However, I also realize I haven't been at the meetings and therefore
respect the decision that was made.