[UPHPU] OOP continued

Jeffrey Moss jeff at opendbms.com
Wed Jun 29 14:05:44 MDT 2005

Choose the red pill
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jacob Wright
  To: Jeffrey Moss
  Cc: uphpu at uphpu.org
  Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 2:03 PM
  Subject: Re: [UPHPU] OOP continued

    Now as for people hating Java, I think that's mostly due to the strict
    nature of it. After all, it's a statically typed, compiled language, and the
    specs leave little to be implied.  I personally don't use Java and was never
    educated in it, I majored in Business.

  Yes, that is why I dislike it.  Null pointer exceptions, strictly typed, etc.  There are also some strange ways they've structured their object structure.  It often takes a whole bunch of code to do some simple things.  Maybe I could blanket it in the observation that sometimes the objects are not very abstracted or black-boxed.  Just my two bits on Java, and why I like it less.

  I _would_ like to get into Ruby or Python however.  I'm skimming them now (because of time constraints), and they look really fun.

  Jac