[UPHPU] OOP continued

Jacob Wright jacwright at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 14:03:53 MDT 2005

> Now as for people hating Java, I think that's mostly due to the strict
> nature of it. After all, it's a statically typed, compiled language, and
> the
> specs leave little to be implied. I personally don't use Java and was
> never
> educated in it, I majored in Business.

Yes, that is why I dislike it. Null pointer exceptions, strictly typed, etc.
There are also some strange ways they've structured their object structure.
It often takes a whole bunch of code to do some simple things. Maybe I could
blanket it in the observation that sometimes the objects are not very
abstracted or black-boxed. Just my two bits on Java, and why I like it less.

I _would_ like to get into Ruby or Python however. I'm skimming them now
(because of time constraints), and they look really fun.

Jac