[UPHPU] Article 2

Jeffrey Moss jeff at opendbms.com
Mon Jun 20 17:31:29 MDT 2005

OO is just the natural way to organize code. When you first learned to
program it was all about learning the concepts; loops, conditionals,
functions... some people never get beyond that cause they don't want to, but
as you get better you may want to put the same amount of effort into a
program as you do when you build a house, all organized and modular and
stuff. You want the people upstairs to share a bathroom, you don't want each
one with their own bathroom, well maybe you do, but you see the point I'm
trying to make. You want it to last a long time, you want people to admire
your house. The best part about OOP is the level of understanding other
people have about your program when it is well abstracted, and that can in
turn lend itself to your own productivity as well.

-Jeff