[UPHPU] UTF8 Encoding

Jason Scherbel jscherbel at jazzfanz.com
Mon Jun 20 09:22:39 MDT 2005

Dave Smith wrote:

>>My final question is now that I'm encrypting and encoding to base64 the
>>body of the email, where should I perform the UTF8_ENCODE function?
>>Before the encryption, right?
>>

>The answer is that you may not need to call utf8_encode() at all,
>depending on the source of the message.

That's the case Dave, thank you.  Its coming out of a database so I may
not need to encode it at all.  If I do encode it, and it's already UTF8,
does that screw it up in anyway?

One other question as well, how do you all typically handle CRLFs once
you do this encryption/encoding?  I'm going from Windows to Linux and
back and we're losing the CRLFs.