[UPHPU] next newb question (mysql_query)

Saint Chaos saintchaos at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 21:05:34 MDT 2005

> ...is not needed because after the script is finished,
> this is done automatically anyway?  Sounds like that
> is what is being said...I just want to make sure.

My understanding is that you would only need to do a mysql_free_result
IF you are making a query that returns alot of data, and you need to
free up memory before the script finishes executing.

So if you do a large data pull at the beginning of a very long script,
and need to free up memory for the rest of the script to use then you
would want to do a mysql_free_result after you are done with the data.

Of course, I could be wrong as I am no where near 'Guru' status yet. :)

--
>From the ashes shall rise a new age. An age without rules, without
laws and without men.