[UPHPU] next newb question (mysql_query)

John M johnm_ul at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 20:03:54 MDT 2005

Ok now my book is going over mysql_query and I was
reading up on it and found this...

// Free the resources associated with the result set
// This is done automatically at the end of the script
mysql_free_result($result);

...at the bottom of this page...

http://us3.php.net/manual/en/print/function.mysql-query.php

I'm wondering if the comments are suggesting that the
line that says...

mysql_free_result($result);

...is not needed because after the script is finished,
this is done automatically anyway?  Sounds like that
is what is being said...I just want to make sure.