[UPHPU] UPHPU Barbeque 2005

Mac Newbold mac at macnewbold.com
Tue Jun 14 16:01:50 MDT 2005

Today at 3:56pm, Tierra said:

>>> I volunteer tierra because he's lazy and never does anything.
>> I'll second that (all three parts).
>
> Doh!

I take it that means you accept the "nomination"? ;) If so, thanks!

>>> BTW, we should try to get one of those shelters at Liberty Park, that'd
>>> be sweet.  Touch football anyone?
>>
>> And both of those too. Liberty Park is a nice place, and touch football or
>> maybe Ultimate Frisbee would be fun too.
>
> Not a bad idea. What are the best times / days of the week to plan for
> this? I can see about reserving some space on a Saturday, but it's
> probably a lot easier to get a spot on just about any other day.

Last time we did it on a Saturday, late afternoon to early evening. If we
can pull it off, that would work best, I bet. If Saturdays aren't going to
be open, the next best I think would be Friday evening, though we'd have
to start later than if it were on Saturday.

If Liberty Park isn't going to work out on a date we like, there's a park
near I-80 and 700 East, down the street from Liberty, that we maybe could
get. It's got a pavillion, grills, a firepit/amphitheater, and plenty of
room for sports, and we'd have it all to ourselves. Let me know if you
want to look into this one.

Mac