[UPHPU] php 5.1b1

Steve Dibb steve at wonkabar.org
Sat Jun 11 08:26:52 MDT 2005

I just noticed that php 5.1 beta1 was released yesterday, so I thought I'd pass
along the good word.

 From the website:

Some of the key improvements of PHP 5.1 include:

     * PDO (PHP Data Objects) - A new native database abstraction layer
providing performance, ease-of-use, and flexibility.
     * Significantly improved performance including a new Zend Engine II
execution architecture.
     * The PCRE extension has been updated to PCRE 5.0.
     * Many more improvements including lots of new functionality & many bug
fixes, especially in regards to SOAP, streams and SPL.

I'm installing it now on my box at home.  I'm curious to see how this new db
abstraction is going to work.  Has anyone heard anything about it?  It's all
news to me.

Steve

--

The Nephite Network