[UPHPU] great project meeting last night

Steve Dibb steve at wonkabar.org
Fri Jun 10 13:13:02 MDT 2005

David Boucha wrote:
> I'd rather not bother. If we are dead set on supporting MSSQL, then I
> propose we use ADODB or something else, instead of rolling our own
> database abstraction. I think we'll find ourselves spending to much
> time on it.

Well, my point was that even /with/ ADODB or PEAR::DB the queries are
not going to work across the board if you add mssql to the mix.

I was playing with this function, limitQuery[1], and it does work (it
wasn't a few months ago).  The only problem is that since mssql doesnt
have native OFFSET support, its probably pulling ALL rows and then just
returning the rows you requested.

Steve

1.
http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.database.db.db-common.limitquery.php