[UPHPU] Newbie needs help

Lonnie Olson fungus at aros.net
Fri Jun 10 09:24:59 MDT 2005

On Jun 9, 2005, at 5:54 PM, Daniel C. wrote:
> On 6/9/05, Tyler Gee <geekout at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I could be totally wrong but I haven't ever seen if statements done
>> that way.  I think you would want the normal:
>>
> if (expression) :
>
> else:
>
> endif;
>
> is perfectly cromulent syntax.

Daniel C. is correct.  that syntax *is* valid PHP.
http://www.php.net/manual/en/control-structures.alternative-syntax.php

However, I personally would highly recommend against using it.  I
have never seen an example use that syntax.  I have never seen
another project use it.  So it goes against standard PHP
conventions.  IMHO, this _alternative_ syntax is a bad idea to be in
PHP at all, and even worse idea to use.

--lonnie