[UPHPU] Newbie needs help

Tyler Gee geekout at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 16:29:18 MDT 2005

I could be totally wrong but I haven't ever seen if statements done
that way.  I think you would want the normal:

if (expression) {

} else {

}

So, in your page...

<?php
       $name = $_POST['name'];
       if (!isset($name)) {
?>
       <!-- No name has been provided, so we
                prompt the user for one.       -->

       <form action="<?=echo($PHP_SELF)?>" method="get">
       Please enter your name: <input type="text"
name="name" />
       <input type="submit" value="GO" />
       </form>

<?php  } else { ?>

href="newpage.php?name=<?=urlencode($name)?>">link</a>
       that passes the name variable on to the next
document</p>
<?php } ?>