[UPHPU] PHP on Rails

Jacob Fugal lukfugl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 09:59:03 MDT 2005

On 6/8/05, John David Anderson <uphpu at mail.johndavidanderson.net> wrote:
> Has anyone had experience with Cake (A RoR port for PHP)?
>
> http://sputnik.pl/cake
>
> I've been checking out what Ruby on Rails can do, and its absolutely
> amazing. They have *videos* of web development under rails - which
> goes to show how fast and cool it is. While I like Ruby's quick and
> easy OOP style, its a little tricky to get it up and running, and its
> much less prevalent than PHP is - thus the investigation into RoR-
> like frameworks.
>
> I guess if no-one has ever seen it, it might be neato to check out..

I haven't looked at cake, but have experience with rails and will take
the opportunity to advertise a bit here. Jamis Buck -- cofounder of
the BYU Ruby Users Group, founder of the Utah Ruby Users Group[1],
employee of 37signals[2] (from which Rails sprung), long time Rails
contributor and recently inducted Rails core developer -- will be
presenting on "Rapid Application Development (RAD) with Rails" at
tonight's PLUG meeting:

RAD With Rails