[UPHPU] OT: open source software and freedom

Dave Smith DavidSmith at byu.net
Mon Jun 6 21:33:01 MDT 2005

Daniel C. wrote:

> The Cathedral & The Bazaar (Stallman).

Not to pick nits, but that's Eric Scott Raymond, not Richard Stallman. I
just gave this book to DI after it wouldn't sell in my yard sale. Not
because I dislike it. On the contrary, it inspired me to rewrite
phpLDAPadmin from the ground up for version 0.9.0. From that point the
project exploded. I consider it required reading for every open source
developer. Highly recommended.

   http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/cb/

If you rush to the Murray DI, you may find it cheap. :)

--Dave