[UPHPU] open source software and freedom (was: Zend Studio)

Jeffrey Moss jeff at opendbms.com
Mon Jun 6 14:10:01 MDT 2005

A contract like that would not be honored in court because you can't sign
your natural rights away. Typically all the wording in a contract relates to
money, and money is impossible to get from someone who doesn't have any, you
can't incarcerate them and put them to work, even if it's written in the
contract that you can. If the house falls down on you while you're sleeping
and ruins your legs or something, you have the right to sue, even if there
was a specific section in the contract that said "if the house falls down on
you and causes any injury, you are not entitled to sue".

I think natural rights is what was meant by the guy who mentioned "deserved
rights". Everybody has natural rights, unless you're in the military and the
government owns you.

-Jeff