[UPHPU] new php install - errors

David Boucha boucha at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 17:10:00 MDT 2005

On 6/3/05, John M <johnm_ul at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I should probably note that php_imap.dll,
> php_mysql.dll, php_xmlrpc.dll, and php_xsl.dll are all
> whenever I start apache.
>

> --- John M <johnm_ul at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > After a brand new installation I'm getting errors
> > when
> > the modules are loading.  I'm getting...
> >
> > PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
> > 'xxxxx.dll' - The operating system cannot run %1.
> > ...for these dll's...
> > php_curl.dll
> > php_openssl.dll
> >

> > PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
> > 'xxxxx.dll' - The specified module could not be
> > found.
> > ...for these dll's...
> > php_pdf.dll
> > php_w32api.dll
> >

> > I've included c:\php into my path and I have the
> > following in httpd.conf ...
> >
> > LoadModule php5_module "c:/php/php5apache2.dll"
> > AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
> > PHPIniDir "c:/php"
> >
> > (I am under the impression that if I use the
> > PHPinidir
> > line that I wouldn't have add c:\php to my path.
> > After adding c:\php to my path, php_curl.dll and
> > php_openssl.dll had a different error that I stated
> > above.  Before the path change, all four dll's were
> > getting the "PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic
> > library 'xxxxx.dll' - The specified module could not
> > be found." error.)
> >
> > I modified the following in my php.ini...
> >
> > doc_root = "C:\Program Files\Apache
> > Group\Apache2\htdocs\project\"
> >
> > extension_dir = "c:\php\ext"
> >
> > ext is the directory that contains all of my dll
> > files.
> >
> > Am I missing anything?
> >
> > (I'm using XP pro)

I'm afraid that I had similar problems installing Apache/MySQL/PHP on
my laptop. If you don't need the functionality of those libraries, you
can comment them out in the php.ini file. Most of them are commented
out by default. I Googled all over and didn't find much help.

 I can't remember which library I was able to fix, but it required
another file  to exist in the c:\windows directory. If you need a
particular library, you might search around to see if some other
dependency exists.

Hope that helps a little.

David