[UPHPU] PHP Framework Project Launch - Coders welcome to attend

Wade Preston Shearer lists at wadeshearer.com
Fri Jun 3 11:27:13 MDT 2005

>>> Besides, while doing it PHP requires zero effort, I can use
>>> Smarty losing a bit of time and save a bunch of time by 1:
>>> keeping PHP code away from the hands of other designers and
>>> clients, and
>>
>> What's wrong with your designers using PHP?
>
> Because its rare that they know how to program. If they did, why
> would they be working with me? It's also handy to show to clients.
> All I need to say is "don't touch anything between curly braces."
> If someone has never picked up programming, even something so
> simple as a for loop is way over their head. Smarty allows them to
> keep making small HTML changes without having to worry about any
> PHP code problems.

Your designers don't know how to program? I thought that they were
coding your display structure in XHTML and coding your display logic
in SMARTY. Are you not considering XHTML and SMARTY as a programming
languages?

If you have a new XHTML-kiddie, then simply teach him how to echo and
foreach in PHP instead of in SMARTY. Simple.