[UPHPU] PHP Framework Project Launch - Coders welcome to attend

Wade Preston Shearer lists at wadeshearer.com
Fri Jun 3 06:36:39 MDT 2005

> Besides, while doing it PHP requires zero effort, I can use Smarty
> losing a bit of time and save a bunch of time by 1: keeping PHP
> code away from the hands of other designers and clients, and

What's wrong with your designers using PHP? If it's a great language,
shouldn't they use it too? If you are worried about security, then
simply put your templating engine in a sandbox so they only have
access to the variables/features you want them too.

> 2: take advantage of nifty little features I like (like caching for
> example).

Predefined functions that exist in SMARTY are the only advantages
that I seen, but I still can't see why the SMARTY authors didn't just
write them as PHP functions. In regards to caching, can't you do the
same thing with PHP?