[UPHPU] Re: PHP Framework Project Launch

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 01:32:46 MDT 2005

On 6/2/05, Mac Newbold <mac at macnewbold.com> wrote:
> IMO, web pages and HTML and HTTP are not object-oriented things by nature,
> but are much more procedural than object-based. So I've always had a much
> easier time fitting them into a more procedural model than an object
> oriented one. And I suppose I am a student of the "do something OOP when
> it makes sense" model. Maybe I'm just always going to be in the opposite
> camp of the hard-core OOP-ers, and will just have to chalk it up to
> irreconcilable differences. Again, if I'm in the minority here, I'll take
> three steps back and not try to push so hard for seeing it done the way I
> think is best.
>
> Mac

I agree with Mac.  OOP is good where the thing you're programming
naturally fits the object model, but for heavens sake don't force
anything and everything to be an object.  If you want to do that, go
use Java.  There are some things that just don't fit OOP well, and
trying to make them into objects ends up giving you really poorly
designed code.

Dan