[UPHPU] Zend Studio

Lonnie Olson fungus at aros.net
Thu Jun 2 12:16:00 MDT 2005

On Jun 2, 2005, at 11:35 AM, John David Anderson wrote:
> On Jun 2, 2005, at 11:18 AM, Ray Hunter wrote:
>
>> Yeah, use eclipse it is better and free.
>
> Besides, I don't mind paying $100 bucks if it saves me some time.
> That cost can be recovered rather quickly.

A $100 bucks is not the real price you are paying.  The real price
you are paying is your freedom.  Zend Studio is not Free (with a
capital F).  Why pay someone to take away your freedoms, that is just
plain silly.  It is just as silly as if you were to pay someone to
prevent you from voting.  We all need to learn that we shouldn't have
to pay for software with our freedom.

Besides that point.  Eclipse is a really good IDE once you get your
mind wrapped around it.  I personally don't use it, because I rarely
need all the IDE features, and just use a text editor (emacs) with
syntax highlighting/code completion.

--lonnie