[UPHPU] Re: PHP Framework Project Launch

Mac Newbold mac at macnewbold.com
Thu Jun 2 11:55:06 MDT 2005

Today at 10:59am, Tyler Gee said:

> You know, I hate to be another person who wasn't at the meeting and is
> now voting, but I would be more in favor of php5 as well.
>
> I usually lean toward OOP when I can, is there any reason we are not
> making it OOP?  I suppose I am a student of the "do everything OOP
> when you can" model.

IMO, web pages and HTML and HTTP are not object-oriented things by nature,
but are much more procedural than object-based. So I've always had a much
easier time fitting them into a more procedural model than an object
oriented one. And I suppose I am a student of the "do something OOP when
it makes sense" model. Maybe I'm just always going to be in the opposite
camp of the hard-core OOP-ers, and will just have to chalk it up to
irreconcilable differences. Again, if I'm in the minority here, I'll take
three steps back and not try to push so hard for seeing it done the way I
think is best.

Mac