[UPHPU] PHP Framework Project Launch - Coders welcome to attend

Mike Trionfo miketrionfo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 18:24:03 MDT 2005

> The primary reason we decided against PHP 5 is we want the thing to be
> usable on PHP 4 servers, which are still very common. I, for one, do not
> have access to a server running PHP 5 on which to develop, test, or use
> the framework. We wanted to chose the lowest common denominator, unless
> there is a compelling reason to use PHP 5 because there's some great thing
> in it that we absolutely cannot live without.

What are the chances that a stable and sturdy framework will emerge
out of this group before PHP 5 servers are very prevalent in the
industry?

Granted I was not in attendance at the meeting, buy my vote is to
build something that is for the future of PHP that could help
consolidate and streamline application development for the entire
community.

Perhaps by the time the architecture and most of the nitty-gritty is
nailed down, PHP 4 servers will not be as popular as they are now.