[UPHPU] Going Rate for PHP/MySQL Development

John David Anderson uphpu at mail.johndavidanderson.net
Thu Oct 28 14:55:00 MDT 2004

I've also found that if you approach the client in a certain manner
they are more happy with the result. I've started asking for more
lately, and I've found that (not only can I actually *get* more from
people), but people are more happy with the results. I did a site for a
charity once - I wanted to do it as a service, so I didn't expect much
in return, but they were always asking for things and expecting more
than I was ready to work on. I've found that charging more makes people
value your time more.

I also found that using formal documents like project design docs, etc.
help too. (I'd be interested to see what sort of contracts, etc. other
people are using)

--John