[UPHPU] php framework(phrame) vs. pear

Ray Hunter bigdog at venticon.com
Thu Oct 28 14:42:01 MDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 14:14, Mitch Anderson wrote:
> I'm about to embark on a couple of projects, and I'm wondering which
> would be the better way to go... I've been playing with QuickForm from
> pear and I really like it, however its not MVC capable.
>
> I plan on using smarty for my templating system which QuickForm is
> supposed to be able to work with.  Also, I've seen a couple articles
> written about Phrame (phrame.sourceforge.net) and using smarty there.
> Only draw back here would be I'd have to write and validate forms
> myself... And probably anything else that I would be needing...
>
> I guess my question is, what have you done?  It seems that a Smarty +
> Pear classes would probably be easier on me...  is that a good way to
> go?

Phrame looks really good, however, I have not been pleased with the
documentation like i have been with pear. Pear will have a stronger and
wider user base than Prame will. If you really like to work in an MVC
then Prame might be your ticket, however, i think that the MVC model
sometimes is an over kill for PHP apps when pear (or home grown) can do
just as good if not better.

--
Ray