[UPHPU] eCommerce with PHP

John lists at strictlyrockymountain.com
Fri Oct 22 11:35:12 MDT 2004

Just for reference, I know I don't know everything, and there may be
others here with differing experiences.  And I'm not claiming to hold all
of the pieces, just note that I'll give you what I have.

>From my experience the CC Processors can vary greatly.  You might pay a
$20 fee monthly and then 0.02 cents per transaction on up.  One site I
heard about was charging a much larger like a few hundred dollars to use
their "API" interface, but we didn't go that route so I can't quote it for
sure.

Using client side digital certificates is one way to get the
communications secured, but it seems easier to use cURL which can handle
the https: of a server side certificate instead.

Here is what the curl home pages says:
http://curl.haxx.se/http://curl.haxx.se/

Curl is a command line tool for transferring files with URL syntax,
supporting FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, GOPHER, TELNET, DICT, FILE and LDAP.
Curl supports HTTPS certificates, HTTP POST, HTTP PUT, FTP uploading,
kerberos, HTTP form based upload, proxies, cookies, user+password
authentication, file transfer resume, http proxy tunneling and a busload
of other useful tricks.

But everyone of the processors that I've run into have documentation and
often will have demo's or examples in the most common webprogramming
languages.  So make sure to check with them first.  I've called them
before having an account, telling them I'm creating a "CART" and want to
know how to communicate with them.  They are always willing to help if
they are going to get some money out of it.  :)

--
Thanks
John