[UPHPU] any asp converts?

John lists at strictlyrockymountain.com
Mon Nov 29 19:36:10 MST 2004

Not exactly, PHP in IIS is being run like that, but the ASP framework
(ASP.NET framework) is an overall structure that allows one to write the
pages in whatever supported language you want.  I don't believe the other
supported languages are being executed like cgi at all.

Here is a link to the microsoft site which gives a good view (not
marketing view) of the process.

http://www.microsoft.com/net/products/tools.asp

In essessnce, this says it all:
"With Microsoft® Visual Studio® .NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework,
developers can develop Web services quickly and integrate them easily with
other applications. Most developers can leverage existing skills, because
the .NET Framework's common language runtime allows you to develop Web
services using any modern programming language."

--
Thanks
John