[UPHPU] any asp converts?

Tierra etierra at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 19:28:43 MST 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:16:34 -0700 (MST), John
<lists at strictlyrockymountain.com> wrote:
> Hi folks, I'm going to add my 2 cents on this.  Basically ASP is just an
> envelope (this may be too simplified) created by mircosoft which allows
> you to use many different languages to accomplish your task.  For instance
> if you didn't know you can use PHP in/on a Windows ISS box.  You can also
> use C++, C#, Java, JScript, Javascript, J# and others.  Using ASP means
> you are using the structure of their environment and not a specific
> language.  ASP is not a language.  I hope my 2 cents are worth something
> to someone, but if not, no big deal.

So your saying it's MS's solution to CGI in ISS (I don't know much about ISS)?

It also goes the other way as well. Even if all you had through Apache
was mod_php, and the in-ability to load other modules or change Apache
config, you could still use PHP to execute binaries or scripts written
in other languages.

Thanks for your input also Jon, that was fairly descriptive.

Bryan Petty