[UPHPU] mail()

Jeffrey Moss jeff at opendbms.com
Tue Nov 23 09:35:06 MST 2004

A lot of mail servers do a reverse lookup and judge the authenticity of the
server based on the reply, ie. nothing with "dialup" in it, so typically you
do want to get your mail routed through trusted relays.

The way I would do it is to set up a trusted relay with someone, and run
postfix process on your machine which routes all mail through that relay.
You can set postfix up to authenticate. That's what I've done from my home
machine, which is on a dynamic IP, see www.mailhop.org

-Jeff