[UPHPU] QuickForm and Checkboxes, is it checked?

Mitch Anderson mitch at metauser.net
Fri Nov 19 11:12:47 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 10:09 -0700, Dan Wilson wrote:
> Mitch Anderson wrote:
> > I'm running into problems in using quickform... I'm just trying to
> > figure out how I check to know if the checkbox was checked.  The problem
>
> Use the advanced checkbox: http://tinyurl.com/4hlaz
>
> It will handle all of this for you.

Far as my understanding of the advanced checkbox is it allow to pass
values depending on if its checked.  I don't really need values... just
need to know if its checked, on or off, true or false...

and as far as I can tell, when you set the box as checked (because its
'on' in the database), it always returns a value (1 in this case),
regardless of if it was actually checked or not when submitted.  So
either it doesn't work right... or I'm doing something wrong.  I'm
betting its the latter, however finding some code that actually checks
to verify if the box was checked or not as part of the validation of the
form is what I could use.

--
Mitch Anderson <mitch at metauser.net>