[UPHPU] LDAP meeting ideas

Lonnie Olson fungus at aros.net
Tue Nov 16 11:25:08 MST 2004

On Nov 15, 2004, at 8:47 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> Please let me know what you'd like to hear about, and I will do my
> best to make the meeting highly detailed and informative. I will try
> to leave an ample amount of time for Q&A since there was a lot of that
> at Plug last year.

I would like to learn about LDAP clients for authentication.  eg.
pam_ldap, nss_ldap, etc.  How are these implemented?  Do they work
well?  If they do work so well, why are they not used everywhere
already?

OpenLDAP setup is a PITA, even using phpLDAPadmin, BTW is a great tool.
  Are there any other tools?  Better server implementations?

These might be a bit beyond the scope of a UPHPU meeting, and would be
better suited to another groups meeting, but if we have time... :)

--lonnie