[UPHPU] PHP Classes?

Ray Hunter bigdog at venticon.com
Tue Nov 16 11:04:39 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 10:30, Grant Shipley wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:10:42 -0700, Ashley Oviatt <ashovi at qwest.net> wrote:
> > Are there any php classes being taught at UVSC or BYU? If not, what
> > class would be a good one to take to learn more about good programming
> > habits in general and maybe learn some new (or old) ways of doing things?
>
> For the cost of a class (around 300.00 - 400.00) you could buy a lot
> of books that will teach you the proper way of doing things.

I concur with Grant on this one.  I found in my studies that i could
read, learn and then grasp the concepts just as well as taking a class.
Granted there are somethings that you will not receive in the classroom
like working with other students and learning from them...However, we
have a great user base here that you can associate with. Like for one,
attending the meeting tonight and learning about LDAP.

<shameless name="plug">UPHPU User Group Meeting Tonight</shameless>

--
ray