[UPHPU] Java and Frameworks (was: MVC)

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 00:36:06 MST 2004

Having a large number of users doesn't make the program any more
complex.  Take a look at grep.  Likewise, a large number of developers
doesn't... well... Brooks' Law :p  As for finding good programmers...
take the number of programmers in the job market, divide by the number
of *good* programmers, and you have a very small percentage.  (I think
it works that way... I may have meant to divide the good by the total.
 Whatever.)  But yeah.  Every language has a niche it was designed
for.  Java seems to have been designed for the
huge-numbers-of-mediocre-developers niche, which incidentally is
fairly large.  What are we arguing about again?  Are we even arguing
at all?

Dan