[UPHPU] LDAP meeting ideas

Wade Preston Shearer lists at anavidesign.com
Mon Nov 15 21:05:08 MST 2004

> As was announced today, I will be presenting on PHP and LDAP at
> Tuesday's meeting. I would like to solicit your requests for the
> meeting's emphasis.

Why isn't it used more and what can be done to motivate companies to
implement LDAP servers? Every company that I have worked for has
emailed an Excel spreadsheet containing the company directory around
every time a new employee is hired or someone changes their mobile
number. Ugh! Why is it that we avoid using computers for some of the
most basic things they were created for?