[UPHPU] Flash and PHP

Lonnie Olson fungus at aros.net
Mon Nov 15 12:16:02 MST 2004

On Nov 14, 2004, at 5:35 PM, Wade Preston Shearer wrote:
> Actually, it is flash... if your browser supports it [1]. The key here
> however, is that the site degrades gracefully.

You are right about that one.  This gave me another idea.  Flash breaks
expected functionality of navigational links.  On their flash version
of navigation I cannot right-click or middle-click on any of the links.
  I often load links in other tabs using a middle-click.  I might want
to bookmark a link w/o following it, this requires a simple right-click
and add bookmark.  Flash completely breaks this functionality and
really pisses me off. :)  Macromedia's DHTML version has the same look
and feel, but doesn't steal any functionality.

--lonnie