[UPHPU] UVLUG's first official meeting

Lars Rasmussen lars.rasmussen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 14:51:47 MST 2004

We are pleased to announce that the first official event of the Utah
Valley Linux Users Group (UVLUG) this Saturday, November
13th.  All UPHPU members are invited to attend.

Our agenda for the meeting is as follows:

1) We will discuss the purpose of UVLUG, who and why we are, and what we
do.  We'll talk about the direction we want to go, the goals we have,
and how to achieve them.

2) We will hear from Marc Christensen (Test Engineer at Novell Users
International and co-founder of the Salt Lake Linux Users Group).  Marc
will give an introduction to Linux and the Open Source / Free Software
movement.  He'll also address the reasons Novell is placing its bets on
Linux and Open Source and will discuss some of the Linux projects the
Novell companies are working on.

3) We will host an installFest, which means we'll help you install and
configure Linux on any computers or laptops you bring.

4) We'll eat pizza, raffle off some technical goodies, and mingle.
(Pizza and goodies provided by Novell.)

The meeting will be held this Saturday at 11:00 in SC 206b (adjacent to
the Regan Theater).  Because it's a Saturday, Lot L (next to the
institute building) will be a free, close place to park.

Bring a friend; we hope to see you there.

Sincerely,
Jordan Gunderson,
UVLUG President

Lars Rasmussen,
UVLUG Henchman

PS.  If you're unfamiliar with the UVSC campus this map may be helpful:
http://www.uvsc.edu/parking/parklots.html

Additionally, if you have any questions or comments about this event,
you can email jordy AT gundy DOT org, or post them on our website:
http://uvlug.org/