[UPHPU] Sequentially number records with php/mysql

Mac Newbold mac at macnewbold.com
Wed Nov 10 13:33:43 MST 2004

Today at 11:33am, Ashley Oviatt said:

>Because I am creating a pdf of the business card and that's how I name
>the file. If they don't like the proof pdf, they don't have to order.

Two ways to work around this:

1) when they "cancel", delete the record and the file
2) after a while (days/weeks maybe), purge old records and files

An alternative:

Name the file with a random number, then if they actually order, make a
permanent ID in the database, and associate the filename with it (or
rename the file with the new ID).

Mac