[UPHPU] Sequentially number records with php/mysql

Ashley Oviatt ashovi at qwest.net
Wed Nov 10 10:46:58 MST 2004

Hi.

I'm setting up a way for people to order business cards from our company.

I have it all finished, but right now I'm just using random #'s to give
them a job#. What's the easiest way to give them a sequential job
number? I don't want a database full of unfulfilled orders, but I'm
guessing that making a record in the db for each new customer is the way
to go, and then delete the record if the person doesn't order, right?

Anyway, just wanted to knwo what you guys thought.

Ashley